Chefs at Home: Nordic Blu Burger Pita with Mango Slaw and Green Goddess Aioli
A zippy, fresh, healthy dish from Boston chef Tim Chatigny – great for lunch or dinner, or really anytime you want to eat the rainbow. Pretty simple to throw together too - make the slaw and aioli ahead of time and cook up the burgers in under 10 minutes. Deliciousness awaits!
Recipe and photo by Chef Tim Chatigny - follow him on Instagram.
For the mango slaw:
- 1 ripe mango (peeled, and cut int 3” matchsticks)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
For the green goddess aioli:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chive
- ½ an avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (or use Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
For the burgers:
- 2 Nordic Blu salmon burgers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pita rounds
- Butter lettuce
Mix mango, red cabbage, lime zest and juice, salt, and agave together in a large bowl until well combined. Set aside. Can be made the day before.
Green Goddess Aioli
Add sour cream, cilantro, basil, parsley, chive, avocado, mayonnaise/yogurt, lemon juice, salt and garlic into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add salmon burgers and sear on both sides for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Repeat on other side. For a more flavorful result, use the grill for the same amount of time.