Brothy Garlic Noodles with Laughing Bird Organic Shrimp from CleanFish
If you are in the mood for a warm, comforting, easy dish to make - this is the one. The aromatic flavors of the veggies complement the slurp-worthy broth, centered around Lily's Ladle Vegetable Mineral Broth. The noodles and the shrimp make this a hearty, satisfying meal.
- 1 pound CleanFish Shrimp (or as many as you want)
- Noodles for four people (udon or soba work well, and so does capellini or linguine)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil; additional for garnish
- 2 cups baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 16 ounces (2 cups) of vegetable broth (we like Lily’s Ladle Vegetable Mineral Broth)
- 1 ¼ cup water, for the broth
- 5 scallions, sliced (half reserved for garnish)
- Chili crisp, to taste, optional for topping (we like Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch)
Start by boiling water for your noodles. Then cook the noodles to package instructions and set aside.
Next mince your garlic and ginger. Put a medium-sized saucepot over a medium flame, add sesame oil, followed by ginger and garlic. Let these aromatics infuse your oil and release some of their flavor before adding in the bok choy. Add bok choy and half of the sliced scallions, and sauté for 3-5 minutes, adding a splash of water if needed to keep your garlic from burning.
Add the vegetable stock, water, soy sauce, and sesame oil to the pot and gently bring up to a simmer. After you have reached simmer, add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
To serve, fill the bowls with noodles. If the noodles have become sticky, give them a quick rinse with water to make them easier to work with.
On top of the noodles, layer broth, shrimp, sliced scallions, toasted sesame oil and chili crisp.