Wulf's Kitchen: Pan-Fried Trout with Ginger-Cilantro Sauce
This zippy salsa is lovely when spooned over ChalkStream trout. Pair with crushed potatoes for a simple meal packed with Omega-3’s.
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves and stalks chopped roughly
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chili
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 filet portions of ChalkStream trout (approx 4-5 ounces each)
Put all the salsa ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a rough paste (don’t go too smooth!).
Heat a non stick frying pan over a high heat and add the oil.
Season the ChalkStream trout filets and fry for 3-4 minutes, skin side up first.
Carefully turn the fillet over and fry the other side until the fish is cooked through.
Serve with crushed potatoes and with the salsa on top.