Wulf's Kitchen: Lemon Miso Shrimp Roll
We love the classics, but sometimes we like to mix it up. Try this spin on a traditional shrimp roll by swapping the mayo-based sauce for a miso dressing (we love lemon miso dressing from Not Just Co.) Miso is a Japanese fermented soybean paste that brings irresistible umami to this dish. With its subtle ginger flavor, this dressing gives a whole new flare to the classic shrimp roll, and it couldn’t be easier to pull together.
- 1 pound Laughing Bird Organic Shrimp from CleanFish, peeled and deveined with tails off
- ¼ cup Not Just Co. Lemon Miso Salad Dressing, plus more to taste
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
- ¼ lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 New England-style split-top hot dog buns, buttered and toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop shrimp into the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until opaque.
Drain shrimp and cool slightly. Roughly chop shrimp into bite-size pieces and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
Add dressing and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in celery, scallions, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice. Adjust seasoning, lemon, and dressing to taste.
Fill the buns with the shrimp mixture. Garnish with whole cilantro leaves.