Wulf's Kitchen: Laughing Bird Shrimp Roll
We’ve got summer on the brain. As the weather heats up, we are craving shrimp rolls — flavorful shrimp salad packed inside a warm, buttery roll.
Our Laughing Bird Organic Shrimp from CleanFish cooks in just a couple minutes, making this a simple way to get dinner on the table at a fraction of the cost of lobster rolls. Pair it with a crisp glass of rosé, and you will swear you are sitting outside at your favorite seafood restaurant on a warm summer night.
- 1 pound Laughing Bird Organic Shrimp from CleanFish, peeled and deveined with tails off
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped, plus small sprigs for garnish
- ¼ lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 New England-style split-top hot dog buns, buttered and toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop shrimp into the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until opaque.
Drain shrimp and cool slightly. Roughly chop shrimp into bite-size pieces and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
Add mayonnaise and mustard and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in celery, scallions, dill, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Adjust seasoning, lemon, and dill to taste.
Fill the buns with the shrimp mixture. Garnish with small sprigs of dill.